I'm just me....

Monday, January 03, 2005

Two Thousand Five.... Wow!

Discouragement--

What would it be like to go a whole year without being discouraged one time?

Unrealistic, huh?

I know that bad things will happen. I know that people are imperfect and will disappoint me; and i will disappoint them. I know that bad things will happen that will cause sorrow and pain. I know that I will experience loss of dreams and vision. But wouldn't it be possible to still have courage and hope in the face of bad things?I want to look on the positive side of things this year. I want to remember that when bad things have happened to me in the past, eventually they turned to good. I want to remember that when people hurt me in the past, most of the time, they never intended to hurt me. I want to remember that when people turned against me, most of them are now still my friends. I want to remember that sorrow lasts for the night, but joy comes in the morning.It seems to be that I can choose to have hope.

What do you think?

Lately I've been thinking about all of the good times I've had with God over the course of my life. I have been longing for that closeness that I once knew. Thankfully, I'm beginning to feel like we're getting closer again. I know that some of you are probably thinking that I'm trying to live on yesterday's fire, because that's what I'm thinking about with a sence of longing. In all honesty, I think that it's perfectly healthy to take the time and remember what I had with the Lord. It is comparible to a mother looking at old pictures of her grown babies, remembering how many good times she's had with them over the years. Or comparible to an estranged wife remebering how much she once loved her husband, and how much she once knew that he loved her, just longing for that closeness again. Those are good memories. However, life has proven time and time again that for reasons both good and bad, relationships are ever changing. The good news is that although difficult, change can be a surprisingly great thing. For instance, I'm never going to be my mothers little baby girl anymore, but I can be a woman and her closest friend. All of the memories that I have of good times with the Lord in the past will always be just memories, but now We are planning on creating even more, and better memories. My closeness to the Lord will never be the way it was, but We are planning on being much closer that we ever were before. When you can't see what changes are going to bring you, it is kind of scary, but when you get to the other side of change, it might even be better than ever.

I want to believe God.

Totally.

Period.

I'm so tired of self-important people telling me what God REALLY meant. I just want to take Him at His word again, I have wandered off the path and I want back on!! If that makes me a moron, so be it! If that makes me uncool; well, really I was never that cool, anyway! If it puts me out there as a weird-o, that's just the way it's going to be. I'm done with Deconstruction.

I'm ready to live the life again.

So, there.

Why not me? And why not now?

Two Thousand Five, Wow...


1 Comments:

  • "It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees" Ps 119:71

    This verse is my favorite...but you knew that already. It really does apply to many, if not all of life's situations. To me, it's the meaning of life and I think it applies to what you are experiencing now.

    Danielle, I've always seen God work in you, even when didn't feel like He was truly in your life. I believe that God pulls His spirit away from time to time so that we will look back "at the pictures" and realize at the moment we are on our knees how much we need Him. I dont want this to be a cliche response, but if there is anything you want to do: spending time in God's word with someone, praying, reading a book, talking, whatever; I want you to look me up. I'm willing if you are :)

    Because of High Priest who's sympatheitc to our needs,
    Potter

    By Blogger Jeremy, at 10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home