I'm just me....

Thursday, July 15, 2004

God, whoda thunk it?

Well today God just amazed me yet again, it seems like he is always doing that to me these days. Yesterday I went to a bible study (we are studying Ruth and Ester) and I just came away from it feeling so down and confused and frustrated. I had no plan and didn't know what to do. So what did I do? I called Jeana and woke her up to talk to me as I was driving having my breakdown back to Alvin. Just having a friend like her to be able to run through when I am upset or whatever is awesome. Then I had to go to Walmart to get my brother goggles (long story, ask me if you want to know) and I found a book there called "what to do when you don't know what to do" I felt like it had my name on it, so I got it.

I came home and began with a prayer to God telling him how mad I was at him and how hurt I had gotten. As I was writing my prayer down, I felt something inside me saying to me 1 peter. So I began to ask god if that was him talking to me or if I was just answering myself. Then I thought of 2 so I continued to pray and talk to god and thought of 19. So I put it all together and read 1 peter 2:19 and you know what? It fit perfectly. The verse goes like this: "For God is pleased with you when, for the sake of your conscience, you patiently endure unfair treatment." I had been thinking how it was so unfair for my friends to have boyfriends and girlfriends and talk of marriage when I don't have that on my mind along with other things.... So god just amazes me.

Then today at church a lady came up to me and was talking to me about the book that I bought and was reading, and we started to talk about it and the last thing she said to me stunned me and further showed me the work of god. Her sentence was, "I could learn a lot from you and your faith." How great is God for helping me and for allowing me to get hurt so that I could be taught?

Thanks God!

1 Comments:

  • Hey, I just wanted to thank you for leaving your comments on my journal. It's much appriciated. And I want to thank you for a very simple yet deep thought scripture. Feel free to leave comments whenever you see somthing that strikes you. It's nice meeting you, and please drop me an e-mail if it's not too much trouble. I look forward to becoming good friends.
    ddeulus@rocketmail.com
    God Bless!
    Derek =]

    By Blogger Derek =], at 12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home