I'm just me....

Sunday, May 30, 2004

Church

Todays college class didnt have a very big turnout, however, now that we have high school graduates that will be coming to the class later this summer or next fall I think that the church and elders and Coach and other college students need to get together to figure out how we can make this section great. I remember when I was first starting out at ACOC that the youth group wasnt very big and it continued to decrease in munbers and then we started to bring friends and now it has grown even more. So how did that happen? Activities. There are bible studies 2 days of the week along with devotionals and activities like dollar bowl for the youth group. So how can we get that incorporated into the college group? What can we do to bring interest to this class???

I remember when I was told that it would be best for me not to go to the youth group activities unless I was a sponser and unless they needed sponsers. It made me very disapointed and, sadly, my faith in God dwindled down to very little but it was because I didnt have that structure and activities that I was used to for the youth group. Now my faith is awesome and its because I am involved in some other college devotionals and bible studies that I can get the structure and fellowship from. I guess I need to work on how to incorporate that experience with my college bible group into something I can bring to the college grop here at the church.

Hehe, This is what I thought all through lunch with the nelsons and with Jermemy, any ideas for me on how we, the college group and church, can build this group up?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home